Just One Channel keeps giving "Service is Unavailable"

MMoser

HTPC Specs: Show details

Just One Channel keeps giving "Service is Unavailable"

Post by MMoser » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:00 pm

I have had my setup running for a few years, with minimal issues. That changed with the Rovi switch over.

I have been having issues here in Los Angeles (zip 91601) since the Rovi switchover with just one channel, CBS ch.1209/ch.2. All my other channels including HBO are fine.

When I hit 1209 I get "Service is Unavailable" 85% of the time, "Weak TV Signal" 10% of the time, and 5% it actually works.

When it does work, I test it by switching to a neighboring channel, and then switch back to CBS, and then the "Service is Unavailable" is back.

Attempts to diagnose/fix:
-I have contacted TWC many times. Their Cable Card support walked me through optimizing my lines and getting signal strength to around -1db. Verified in Ceton Diagnostics.
-TWC sent a tech to check the lines signal strength, and determined they were good to go. They replaced my Tuning Adapter (which solved the issue for a couple hours, then back to the same errors)
-I sent logs to Ceton, they claim everything is fine and I should re-install WMC
-Re-ran Digital Cable Advisor and went through TV setup.
-I ran ObjectRecovery in Task Schedular. At the same time I did the "start /wait mcupdate -u, and -uf method. This seemed to fix something, and CBS worked perfectly for 2 days with both 1209/2 channels coming up right away, and then yesterday back to the same errors. I tired these two fixes again and no change for this round.

I don't know if this issue is a bug, or maybe I did something when I was trying to get the new guide data. During the first few days of the Rovi switch when we all were trying different things posted here till the flushdns/host file etc solution worked.

It seems odd to me that all other channels are fine, and this OTA channel won't do its job. "You had one job!"

Should I listen to Ceton and re-install WMC?

Thanks for any tips and suggestions!