"Invalid Channel Number" when setting up Manual Recording

crawfish

HTPC Specs: Show details

"Invalid Channel Number" when setting up Manual Recording

Post by crawfish » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:19 am

I recently noticed that when I try to set up a manual recording, lots of channels return the error, "Invalid Channel Number - Enter a valid channel number to manually record." The thing is, the channel numbers are all perfectly valid, and I can record their programs using the Guide. For example, channel 6 is "invalid", but 4 is perfectly fine. I've renumbered channels extensively with GuideTool, but there is no difference between 4 and 6 WRT what I've done. That is, I've mapped the HD locals 704 and 706 to 4 and 6 and disabled their SD counterparts, the "real" 4 and 6. Still, 6 works for manual recordings, but 4 does not. This is Windows 8.1 x64, and my tuner is HD Homerun Prime. Any ideas?

RyC

Post by RyC » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:01 pm

I noticed this too and I've done the same kind of changes with GuideTool. I just gave up and set whatever was on the guide at the time to extend the recording past the scheduled end time. I'm on Windows 7 though.

crawfish

Post by crawfish » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:27 am

RyC wrote:I noticed this too and I've done the same kind of changes with GuideTool. I just gave up and set whatever was on the guide at the time to extend the recording past the scheduled end time. I'm on Windows 7 though.
What sucks is that you can't adjust the start time for a guide recording on a per-program basis, just the end time. It was attempting to compensate for that deficiency that recently led me to this problem. Oh well. At least manual recording works for the all day recording I do for one channel, which I've been doing for quite some time.