Possible to run script after action in WMC?

OTA

HTPC Specs: Show details

Possible to run script after action in WMC?

Post by OTA » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:31 pm

Is there a way I can run a script after an action occurs in WMC? I'd like to run WTV-MetaRenamer after a recording is finished.

RyC

Post by RyC » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Sure, here's a guide to setting up Task Scheduler to fire a script after a recording finishes: http://number8wire.com/richardsblog/fun ... e-network/

Just follow the Task Scheduler specific instructions and specify your own script, of course

OTA

Post by OTA » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:13 pm

Excellent. I thought I would have to use task scheduler if I couldn't do what I wanted, but I didn't think about using it to begin with. Much appreciated!

OTA

Post by OTA » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Just a quick thought. I'm presuming if I have two programs being recorded and one finishes and the task runs, the other that is still recording will be fine as it's in use and shouldn't be able to be modified. Does that sound correct?

RyC

Post by RyC » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:30 pm

If WTV-MetaRenamer/program you end up using adheres to file locks (or whatever the term is called) it should work fine. I have a script that uses "move" that moves all files in the Recorded TV folder to a different folder when a recording finishes. If something else is still recording, it will just skip over the in progress recording because it sees the file is "in use". However, when I tried using robocopy, it tried to move files that were still being recorded. Maybe I didn't have the flags set right

OTA

Post by OTA » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:51 pm

I guess we'll see tonight. I think have have two overlapping programs being recorded. Thanks for the info RyC.