Two issues - File not found for extender and image quality

ppilot

HTPC Specs: Show details

Two issues - File not found for extender and image quality

Post by ppilot » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:25 pm

First problem I am having is that I am getting some pretty significant image issues as of late while using the primary WMC computer. Here's a couple of links to some examples:

https://youtu.be/axazlqHi7As
https://youtu.be/T7P-OPwB5CQ

The interesting part is that I have zero problems with HDHR View windows application and the Kodi Add-on, so I am not sure what's going on. One thing I have noticed is that my cable card signal strength has dropped down to 85% lately so I thought that could be an issue.

Info
-HDHR Prime with 20150826 Firmware
- Intel I3 with 8 gb of ram
- Signal strength - 85%
- Signal Quality - 100%
- Windows 8.1 with all the updates
- Connected via Gigabit ethernet

The second issue I've run into is that I am suddenly getting the "Video Error - Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly" error when trying to connect my Xbox 360 WMC extender to my HTPC. Should I reset my entire setup and try configuring everything from scratch again? I have no errors when I watch live TV from the HTPC, just the issues described above.

Thanks for the help!

ppilot

Post by ppilot » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:53 pm

Just wanted to provide an update

I removed the extender on both ends and then redid the setup process to no avail...still getting the same error. Again, the fact I am getting this error on the extender and not the WMC is really confusing based on the reading I've done

ppilot

Post by ppilot » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:02 pm

I apologize for all the posts but it appears that you can't edit posts after a certain amount of time.

Anyway, so I was connect setup the 360 to another computer with WMC and watch live tv with no problem. So there's definitely something going on with my HTPC. Is there a way to clean install windows media center?