HDHomerun Prime - Anyway to auto remove channels?

george14215

HTPC Specs: Show details

HDHomerun Prime - Anyway to auto remove channels?

Post by george14215 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:30 pm

I'm talking about the hundreds that I don't have a subscription to. Is there anyway to automate this as opposed to manually disabling a channel on the guide?

mike_ekim

Post by mike_ekim » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:42 pm

If you have the latest firmware you can disable channels in the HDHomerun setup instead of in WMC. It's a bit faster.

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:46 pm

mike_ekim wrote:If you have the latest firmware you can disable channels in the HDHomerun setup instead of in WMC. It's a bit faster.
That only works for/to disable channels in HDHR software/the HDHR View apps - it does not disable channels in WMC.

mike_ekim

Post by mike_ekim » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:12 am

Ed  wrote:
mike_ekim wrote:If you have the latest firmware you can disable channels in the HDHomerun setup instead of in WMC. It's a bit faster.
That only works for/to disable channels in HDHR software/the HDHR View apps - it does not disable channels in WMC.
Yup, but rescan channels in WMC and the disabled channels won't show up. Of course if you have done a lot of manual channel configuration in WMC that might not be desirable.

prouton

Post by prouton » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:10 am

I've always dreaded having to redo the channels after a source change, but had to with the recent Rovi guide switch.

And you know what? There's a better way to do it. Since I wanted about 50-60 channels out of the many hundreds that show up, I started by disabling all of them (left hand column option) and then selecting just the ones I wanted, renumbering the HD versions into the lower range. I only had to touch 50-60 lines. It was so much faster that I no longer fear having to do it. Why this never occurred to me before I have no idea, other than it's a perspective thing.

gator99

Post by gator99 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Google guide tool, works great for manipulating guide in WMC

poit57

Post by poit57 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:27 pm

There is an option in the WMC channel guide settings to autoscan channels. It automatically disables channels where there is no subscription and enables the channels where you get a signal. The downside is that this process takes a long time depending on the number of channels your provider carries. When I make a change to my tuner configuration, I usually set this scan to run while I'm at work and then save the changes once I return home. It has usually taken about 3 to 5 hours to complete the scan in my experience.