Possible to use Cablecard Tuners without Playready

jachin99

HTPC Specs: Show details

Possible to use Cablecard Tuners without Playready

Post by jachin99 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:01 pm

I am running through TV setup and when I get to the point where I'm prompted to agree to the Guide TOS, and Playready I decline both. After I decline playready, WMC jumps straight to setup cancelled. Is there some way around this? Can I add the tuners manually in the registry?

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:38 pm

jachin99 wrote:I am running through TV setup and when I get to the point where I'm prompted to agree to the Guide TOS, and Playready I decline both. After I decline playready, WMC jumps straight to setup cancelled. Is there some way around this? Can I add the tuners manually in the registry?
I dont believe so. As I have read when I was in the MVP program that to have support for cablecard it REQUIRES playready. I remember this discussion came up before and I dont think it was possable.

If it keeps getting an error, just make sure you install the newest version (at least for 7/8.1), then reRun setup and it should just verify there and continue.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:06 pm

I think I'll try to stream live TV via remote potato from 7 to 8.1. This display driver error battle is getting really old

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:20 am

You can take the cable card out and run the setup again. You will get a different set of questions from WMC. I did run I CableCARD tuner without a cable card in it for quite some time.

Everybody told me what a nut I was and what I was missing. They were right, eventually I went and got the CableCARD

Anyways all that crap don't matter take the cable card out and run your setup without the card in try and Skip play Ready that way. Make sure your check windows programs and features to make sure playready hasn't been installed

If DCA is installed in Windows features try it that way if that don't work uninstall DCA from Windows features and try it that way

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:26 am

Fix the problem not the symptom.

What's the problem with the display driver?

Post a link here that goes to that other thread where you tried out the powered splitter

Don't bother with remote potato use TeamViewer