Mini guide flashes then dissapears

jachin99

HTPC Specs: Show details

Mini guide flashes then dissapears

Post by jachin99 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:08 pm

I'm not sure weather to laugh at this or cry but when press up when viewing a show or recording, the lower portion of the screen flashes a blue something for a fraction of a second, then disappears instead of showing the mini guide or program info. When i press left or right everything displays correctly. I have never seen or heard of this but if anyone has faced this problem before, what should I do about it. I have epg123, and modern media UI installed. I tried resizing the mini guide to no avail. I even reset all guide sizing options to default but it did not help.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 am

Could you answer a question for me?

Go back to your original zip file of the TS WMC V 8.8.1

Right-click the zip go down to properties

Here's the question.......

is the file unblocked or blocked?

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:57 pm

I solved this but I'll still look. On startup modern media UI sets the display timeout value to 0 seconds for some reason on this machine. Increasing this value fixed the problem

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:02 am

Yeah but.......

Could you answer my question?

Forgetting to unblock the zip file before you extract it causes all kinds of goofy little unexplainable problems. The problem is you can't read the read me which contains the directions until you extract the file. Unblock the file is one of the first directions in the readme file

Please humor me is it unblocked or not. If it is unblocked that's great if it's not on blocked then maybe someone will read this and see how important it is 2 unblock the file before they get started.

This blocking unblocking thing might even contribute to your display driver problem