Upgrading to Windows 8.1 WMC!

Brekers

HTPC Specs: Show details

Upgrading to Windows 8.1 WMC!

Post by Brekers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Good afternoon all,

Since I'm upgrading my HTPC from Windows Vista to Windows 8.1, have I discovered some problem with upgrading the setup. :(

I have already bought Windows 8.1 pro with the Media center pack so I have WMC.

I've fixed netflix via these forums for WMC, is there only a way how i can add spotify to WMC now? Is there also a list available with still working plugins? Sorry I'm new member on this website. :roll:

I'm hopefull!

Thanks!
-Cheers Danny

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:59 pm

Welcome ! Even through these forums are kind of slow there is a TON of info here...

Spend some time here,

viewforum.php?f=9

Lots of programs or hacks to add on things.

There is a (now a little old) but, updated in 2015 with us testing apps that were still available and FINDING software that was available.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8516

and of course there is the WIKI... with lists of apps (even a list of known dead ones).

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/wiki/index ... er_Add-ins

With this being said, a lot of apps need to be confirmed working still (content requiring a website could be problems).

Also if you find a website... Try to control it with the arrow keys and enter on your keyboard (this is the arrow and enter is OK on the remote), if this works for navigating and getting it working, you can add it with a program called Relaunch. YoutubeTV works with this and works great !

Good luck and again welcome !
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:23 am

Also look at epg123 for a better guide. On my machine I have plwerdvd, macrotube, playon, tubecore, ceton my media center, recorded TV hd, emby, music browser, remote potato, my channel logos, my forecast, and probably a few more.