No TV Signal due to channel sources spontaneously multiplyin

crawfish

HTPC Specs: Show details

No TV Signal due to channel sources spontaneously multiplyin

Post by crawfish » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Today, I found all my non-locals are non-tunable, generating the "No TV Signal" error. I verified they actually ARE tunable from my HD HomeRun Prime via DLNA, so it's WMC that's at fault. Looking at the channel sources, I find four, the correct channel and three bogus ones. Multiply by three because of the Prime's three tuners, so there are 12 total sources for each affected channel. To restore the ability of WMC to tune, I have go to each affected channel and disable the nine bogus sources. I've not seen this in 10 years of using WMC. Could this have been caused during the recent guide outage? Any other ideas?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:12 am

I don't know how...but my guess is yes. Caused by recent guide problems.

Similar complaint back in June

viewtopic.php?p=119121#p119121

crawfish

Post by crawfish » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:10 am

I've corrected most of the channels in the subset of the guide that I use, the Favorite Lineup I call "main". The number of bogus sources per channel actually ranges from 3 to 6 (and again, multiply by 3 due to the Prime's 3 tuners). It's like a form of cancer, and the solution is to surgically excise (disable) all the bad ones. :lol: and :facepalm:

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:17 am

crawfish wrote:I've corrected most of the channels in the subset of the guide that I use, the Favorite Lineup I call "main". The number of bogus sources per channel actually ranges from 3 to 6 (and again, multiply by 3 due to the Prime's 3 tuners). It's like a form of cancer, and the solution is to surgically excise (disable) all the bad ones. :lol: and :facepalm:
How do you determine which sources are bogus?

This does sound like what happened in the Detroit area in June. I posted the wrong link in my first post. Space describes exactly what I experienced.

viewtopic.php?p=118128#p118128

crawfish

Post by crawfish » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:43 pm

None of my channels have been assigned new numbers, and in every case, the source at the top of the list had the right channel number, which has been stable for years, certainly since I built my HTPC. To fix the problem, I left it selected and deselected the sources below it in the list. Here's an example for the channel I've renumbered to be 14, and again, each source channel appears three times due to the Prime's three tuners, 1029, 131, 4130, 9417. The first one, 1029, is the correct channel number, the one that would appear in the guide if I hadn't renumbered it.