Yammm and parental rating

bernarda

HTPC Specs: Show details

Yammm and parental rating

Post by bernarda » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:01 am

I've read where YAMMM is supposed to handle metadata but parental rating doesn't seem to work for me. YAMMM correctly renames my movies, creates a folder icon, and creates a dvdid xml file.

Year and Genre work but if I select to sort by Parental Rating, I get one R movie, one NR Movie, and 200 "Other". The wtv files all have their Parent Rating fields filled out. The parental rating works if the movie is in the RecordedTV folder with all the Media Center TV shows instead of the YAMMM controlled Movie folder.

Any suggestions of what I can try or where I can look to manually fix it? The dvdid file contains only the Movie Name and an <ID> tag

I also wouldn't mind hand editing some of the genres because many are poorly categorized such as Shrek being Adventure instead of Animation or Comedy.

I'm using Yammm v13.10.26.827.

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:09 pm

The ID in the movie folder dvdid.xml is a reference to a corresponding [ID].xml in:

%ProgramData%\Yammm\DvdInfoCache

Parental rating OUGHT TO correspond to what is displayed in the 'data source'... TMDB for the examples I examined.

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/808-shrek

It's likely that RecordedTV uses a different data source, so info displayed will differ.

Neither app is still being developed & things evolve, so they may prove less & less reliable over time, depending on how they mine data from the source (API vs scraping).

There are alternatives for WMC metadata which have been discussed here in the TGB forums. I, personally, started using EMBY a while back. Opinions on what's best vary... try some & find what suits you.

bernarda

Post by bernarda » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Thanks! Do you have a sample YAMMM000-xxxxxxx.xml file you could post?

In all my DVDInfoCache xml files there's a line labeled <MPAARating/> with nothing next to it. I would think it should be in the format:

<MPAARating> G </MPAARating>

like all the other lines.

The weird thing is the single working movie also has only <MPAARating/> with no actual rating.

I looked at Media Browswer but it looks to me (unless I'm missing an option) to stray really far from the Media Center user interface. I use 360 extenders in place of cable boxes so I'd like the user interface to match Media Center's live TV interface. (Or does Media Browser have its own live TV interface that I missed?)

Maybe my YAMMM has a bug (I think I'm running the latest available) and if I went to an earlier version it would work?

What version of YAMMM is everyone using?

bernarda

Post by bernarda » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:54 pm

I looked more close and the xml is definitely off. There is a <MPAARating> and </MPAARating> tag in my file but they seem to be written in the wrong place. So when viewed in a browser its completely off but in a text editor it looks correct (but blank).

Could someone post a sample xml file so I know what it should be? And is there a way to download a slightly older version of YAMMM that doesn't mangle the xml tags?

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:59 pm

Note I haven't relied on YAMMM for anything but folder creation/file renaming for a long while so this may have been created long ago. I wouldn't think an earlier version would improve anything. If Michael was using an API to pull data & the API has changed, or is scraping data & the page layout has changed, nothing short of a program update would fix things.

Here's a random sample.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<METADATA xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<MDR-DVD>
<MetadataExpires>2011-10-28T14:43:47.7643407-04:00</MetadataExpires>
<version>5.0</version>
<dvdTitle>Limitless [Unrated] [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray]</dvdTitle>
<studio>20th Century Fox</studio>
<leadPerformer>Bradley Cooper; Robert De Niro; Abbie Cornish; Andrew Howard; Anna Friel</leadPerformer>
<director>Neil Burger</director>
<MPAARating>PG13</MPAARating>
<language />
<releaseDate>2011 01 01</releaseDate>
<genre>Science Fiction</genre>
<largeCoverParams>cov150/drv100/v196/v19675kg6ay.jpg</largeCoverParams>
<smallCoverParams>cov075/drv100/v196/v19675kg6ay.jpg</smallCoverParams>
<dataProvider>AMG</dataProvider>
<duration>105</duration>
<title>
<titleNum>1</titleNum>
<titleTitle>Limitless [Unrated] [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray]</titleTitle>
<studio>20th Century Fox</studio>
<director>Neil Burger</director>
<leadPerformer>Bradley Cooper; Robert De Niro; Abbie Cornish; Andrew Howard; Anna Friel</leadPerformer>
<MPAARating>PG13</MPAARating>
<genre>Science Fiction</genre>
<synopsis />
</title>
</MDR-DVD>
<NeedsAttribution>true</NeedsAttribution>
<DvdId>BD4066E87B659470900113662</DvdId>
</METADATA>

bernarda

Post by bernarda » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:03 pm

OK, it was viewing xml in IE that was off. Apparently a pair of tags <MPAARating> </MPAARating> with nothing inbetween shows up as <MPAARating/> in IE.

But that still means all my MPAA tags are missing. I found a post on mikinhosoft from 2011 noticing the same problem.

http://mikinhosoft.blogspot.com/2009/05 ... nager.html

He's released many version since so I think it might be a regression problem and the newest version of YAMMM has the missing MPAA tag problem again.

Is there any way to get an older version of YAMMM?

bernarda

Post by bernarda » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:23 pm

I noticed the sample xml you posted doesn't have a date added field. Does viewing movies by date added work for you?

bernarda

Post by bernarda » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:45 pm

I noticed the sample xml you posted doesn't have a date added field. Does viewing movies by date added work for you?

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Couldn't tell you. YAMMM has long since been relegated to folder/file renaming duties (even if it still creates the .xmls). All metadata is now being handled/presented by Emby. WMC native library performance begins to suffer as libraries grow & I hit that wall many moons ago. Not sure how WMC handles 'date added', but I doubt it involves YAMMM.

bernarda

Post by bernarda » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Thanks. I guess I'll have to try Emby again.

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Not trying to evangelize, but some things to understand about Emby that have changed since MB3:

- Server & client have been split. Server handles DB, collection management. Emby for WMC is a client app that adds an entry point to WMC menu strip (like Recorded TV HD).

- Server (libraries/metadata) is managed via web browser.

- WMC still handles DVR duties w/ Emby for WMC installed. Only WMC does DRM currently.

- Thanks to 'MCE Reset Toolbox', I have slimmed down WMC to the standard TV menu strip & 'Other Media' which contains the Emby entry point (handles Movie/Music/Video/Photo libraries) plus some Relaunch tiles for Netflix & Hulu.

I'm pretty sure you will enjoy the benefits of Emby. & the community is VERY helpful.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:30 am

d00zah wrote: some things to understand about Emby that have changed since MB3
Some things have remained the same....

Give your HTPC a static IP. Port Forward your HTPC's static IP in your router.

You will be able to have access to all your HTPC's media, including LiveTV....Not only in your home, but anywhere you can get internet.

And you don't need the EMBY app. Just about any internet browser will play LiveTV.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:56 am

bernarda wrote:I've read where YAMMM is supposed to handle metadata but parental rating doesn't seem to work for me. YAMMM correctly renames my movies, creates a folder icon, and creates a dvdid xml file.
Not so sure it's a YAMM problem. I think those guys over in Rovi Guide Quality were noticing a lot of bad guide data that was screwing up their stuff.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 889#p92889

Search "parental" in the previous link....

Here is one parental complaint.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... tal#p94792

bernarda

Post by bernarda » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:45 am

Thanks for the reply but I don't think its Rovi because for movies that I keep in the RecordedTV folder, everything is fine. Also the wtv file has the parental rating metadata. YAMMM gets its metadata from themoviedb or imdb but its missing the parental rating. So either its scraping wrong or something else is broken.

Because I don't know how to get a hold of YAMMM's author, I'm debating whether to write a script to populate the xml files from the wtv metadata or hand edit 200 files.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:43 am

bernarda wrote:I don't know how to get a hold of YAMMM's author
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/mem ... file&u=181

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:19 am

bernarda wrote:movies that I keep in the RecordedTV folder
Normally we store the movies in the Movie folder, then setup WMC Movie Library, YAMM will follow automatically.

bernarda

Post by bernarda » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:05 am

Yeah, I movie my movies out to my movie folder. (I do it by hand instead of a script.) Although now that I'm looking at RecordedTVHD add-in I'm wondering why I need to bother with YAMMM at all.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:37 am

Crash2009 wrote:
bernarda wrote:I don't know how to get a hold of YAMMM's author
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/mem ... file&u=181
He is on Twitter and does respond to tweets (I got into a big discussion with him and another dev about Rip & compress (Blu-ray/dvd ripper for WMC).... I'm following him...

https://twitter.com/@mikinho
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012