WMC Homerun Primes Listening Conflict

ajcarroll1983

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC Homerun Primes Listening Conflict

Post by ajcarroll1983 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:14 am

So I've been a longtime stalker of the boards, but just officially jumped into the community - of course, due to having an issue.

For 4+ years now, I've been using WMC as the backbone of whole-home DVR and live viewing. Everything I currently record/stream is done on a server-style PC on Win 8.1, and I have a dual-tuner Avermedia A188 for OTA channels, and two HD HomeRun Primes for Comcast digital (so 8 tuners total, already ran TunerSalad). Besides WMC, I use ServerWMC to dish up "live tv" via Plex and a fun little channel called wmc2plex. It's all coexisted so nicely together, with a full house of a PC and 3+ Roku sticks able to pull live tv while also recording our other shows.

Until...

This evening (and possibly last week or before), I noticed that I'm having an issue with WMC finding available tuners. Granted, on Sunday evenings, I have roughly 3 shows recording all at once and maybe 2 other rooms using a tuner each - but that shouldn't be a problem with 8 total available tuners.

I opened up wmc2plex in Plex - channel did not respond.
I opened up ServerWMC - saw 1 OTA tuner and 2 Prime tuners were in use, but that was it.
I opened up HDHomeRun Setup from SiliconDust - all 6 tuners present and "OK".
Yet when I opened up WMC, any Comcast digital channel elected for preview or viewing came back with the "Viewing or Listening Conflict..." error - which of course is causing the problems with wmc2plex.

*A PC restart solved the Live TV viewing issue, as all tuners are back and found, but I now notice that at least 1 of my shows did not record during this time :evil: *

Has anyone else run into this issue of having available tuners, but WMC is failing to use them for live viewing or recording? I've gone into each channel to see the Sources, and all 6 HDHomerun Prime tuners are present, so by my limited knowledge, they're there but not being used as I had intended/thought.

Any and all solutions are welcome!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:11 am

What version of firmware are you running on the HDHR-3CC ?

I just checked mine, I am using 20150826. LAN, WAN, and RDP all working. (WMC/WMCServer/Kodi)

Both my systems are working good off the same tuner. I have a Win7 with an internal Infini4 and a Win10 (10586) both using the HDHR-3CC

As I recall, the next HDHR firmware version 2016Spring breaks WMC. Several others have reported the same thing.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:23 am

Here is one link.....Search 20161117 for more, or possible solutions.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 94#p115294

ajcarroll1983

Post by ajcarroll1983 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:26 am

Thanks for the reply! I'm using 20161117 on both Primes. Really, I'm thinking this has to be software related, as I simply restarted the computer and everything came back to normal - Primes are in the attic with all other networking equipment, and nothing was restarted on that end.

However, I did check the event log and saw an unusual "ehRecvr" error with a description of "TV tuner encountered an error. (0x%2) %1". I tried the HD Homerun View program, but couldn't find a way to see which tuner was pulling the feed or how to switch a tuner. ServerWMC shows all tuners ready and available - and I can see when a stream is started and which tuner & box is being used - but that only helps when something is being used, and I don't think I can fully stress test all 8 tuners at this point.

Without knowing too much how WMC really operates when it comes down to it, I'm wondering why another tuner wasn't simply tried if one came back with an error?

Any other ideas? I appreciate the help!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:29 am

Long day. I'll re-read and get back to you in the morning.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:06 am

I think you have a fairly complex problem there. After searching error (0x%2) %1 on Yahoo, I get sent in many different directions. The first one is High CPU Use and they point the finger at:

http://winwiki.org/ehrecvr-exe-high-cpu/

What causes Ehrecvr.exe High Cpu error?

The Ehrecvr.exe High Cpu error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.
There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files. This corrupted system file will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.

The 2nd round of finger pointing when I searched tv tuner encountered an error. (0x 2) %1 suggests a HDHR miss-match such as firmware=2015/software=2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/htpc/comments/ ... ly_in_use/

Running 20130125beta1 on 4 of the machines. The 5th machine is the one I did the update on, so that one has a software version that matches the firmware of 20130328. I just never updated the software on the other 4. They all have the issue randomly though.

Either way, you have a great deal of rocks to turn over, to see what scurries away. Might be a difficult creature to catch.

Even going back to basics, such as troubleshooting the switch, router, and/or cabling will be a Royal PITA.

Couple guesses/suggestions.....I would cold boot (complete shutdown including disconnect power) from everything (modem, router, switch, htpc, tuners, EVERYTHING) and watch for Pending Updates or Updates requiring Reboot. This would at least level the playing field. That is about all I can think of ATM.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:35 am

Not sure if you know about this, but there has been a bunch of "other crap" going on too.

1) Cable company's switching channels over to h.264, CableCARD firmware updates.

2) Microsoft updates, likely to support the above.

3) Private company's updating their stuff to accommodate 1 and 2

Big Brother is working hard to get us off the couch.