Adding movie data with Yammm or anything

bernarda

HTPC Specs: Show details

Adding movie data with Yammm or anything

Post by bernarda » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:57 am

I was very late to the WMC party. I've been running it for about 2 years and have a large amount of movies mixed in with the TV shows.

Following other forum suggestions I moved all the movies into a separate Movie library and put each .wmv file into its own subdir. But of course now the Movie menu only shows the text title of the movies instead of nice thumbnails and extra info like when the files were in the TV shows menu.

Other posts suggested YAMMM so I tried it but it doesn't seem to be running and it doesn't give an errors. It runs as a service so I have no idea what is going wrong. The most recent post here was from someone that tried YAMMM but it wasn't doing anything either.

Does YAMMM still work? Is there another option for adding pictures to go with every movie if the movies have been moved to a Movie Library instead of mixed in with TV Shows?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:47 am

Search the site for MoveMovies. Bunch of guys helped me with that about 5 yrs ago. I think I have the software. I'll see if I can find the thread.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 184#p39184

bernarda

Post by bernarda » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:12 am

Thanks for the idea. I'll try renaming the folders and see if that gets YAMMM to start working.

bernarda

Post by bernarda » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:44 am

Thanks! Renaming the folders to match themoviedb.org did the trick!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm

A little further down the page, they helped me automate the process.

Mine is all automatic now. After every recording, the script runs. If it finds a movie, it will create a new folder and name it the same as the movie. Then cut and paste the wtv, into the new folder. Yamm kicks in by adding the art. I don't have to do anything.