Channel management - automatically combined channels

poit57

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channel management - automatically combined channels

Post by poit57 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:15 pm

I just had to reinstall Windows 8.1 last night because of a hard drive issue. After my TV setup was completed, I noticed an issue with the Music Choice channels that each play a specific genre.

In my channel lineup, channels 901 through 1000 are all labeled "Music Choice genre." I noticed that several of them were playing a genre that doesn't match the channel name. I went in to edit the channels and looked at the sources. Each channel has well over 100 combined sources from each of my HDHomeRun Prime tuners and combining all channels starting with the label "Music Choice."

I went through one of them to see if I could split each non-matching channel, but that only further pollutes my channel list until I recombine that split channel source with the correct channel number. This is very time consuming for a single channel, and I have 100 to go through if I want to completely clean up this issue.

Is there anything I can do to make this channel listing cleanup any easier? I rarely use the music channels, but if I do want to put one on to clean my house or have background music for a party, I want to know that the guide is accurate.

Rainey

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Rainey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:35 am

You can use Guide tool.

Merge by Subscribe by Channel number after you delete them all.