Certain channels not tuning in WMC

unomavfan

HTPC Specs: Show details

Certain channels not tuning in WMC

Post by unomavfan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:35 am

Hello. I have been using WMC since 2009 and I have run into a problem. I have not had this problem before and can not resolve. I have five channels that give me the error "Service
is unavailable There is currently no tv signal detected for this channel. The channel may be temp off the air. Try again later"

I am running Win 8.1Pro. Ceton Infinitv 4. Omaha Ne Cox Cable. channels are sec net. pac net natwild and cbssports. Tuning adapter. Schedules direct with EPG123

The weird thing is I loaded Next PVR and the channels do show up??????
I would love any help
Thanks

garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by garyan2 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:17 am

unomavfan wrote:Hello. I have been using WMC since 2009 and I have run into a problem. I have not had this problem before and can not resolve. I have five channels that give me the error "Service
is unavailable There is currently no tv signal detected for this channel. The channel may be temp off the air. Try again later"

I am running Win 8.1Pro. Ceton Infinitv 4. Omaha Ne Cox Cable. channels are sec net. pac net natwild and cbssports. Tuning adapter. Schedules direct with EPG123

The weird thing is I loaded Next PVR and the channels do show up??????
I would love any help
Thanks
This problem is not unheard of with epg123 since I haven't quite figured out the root cause yet. Edit your channels sources to make sure the tuners are enabled. Sometimes when epg123 enables a channel, the tuners do not automatically get enabled as well. It's weird, but a channel can be enabled in the guide with no tuners ... go figure.

[settings]->[TV]->[Guide]->[Edit Channels]-> select channel ->[Edit Sources]
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io