Storage Spaces DVDs

pdean

HTPC Specs: Show details

Storage Spaces DVDs

Post by pdean » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:15 pm

I had my media center movie folder of ripped DVDs on a storage spaces drive which was a combination of two drives and that seemed to cause a playback problem so I got those drives back as two separate drives and then copied the DVD files folder from my backup drive which was made via the Windows file history and now for whatever reason the DVDs no longer show as simply each movie but I see listings for many more files that make up the ripped DVD and I don't understand how to get the normal look back. It seems the storage spaces somehow damaged how media center reads the files. I no longer have some of the actual DVDs and I wonder what do I need to do to get these movies usable again. I am able to play the separate movie files but how can I get Media Center to recognize them like normal. I have verified the file history backup is the problem because I had a backup at work and they looked the same on a Win 7 setup. Attached is a current screen shot of the movie library.

If I simply cannot have them show as normal why is that are they somehow corrupted from storage spaces and what would be the best way to get them in a different file format to be played in media center.
Attachments
Movie-Library.jpg

pdean

Post by pdean » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:02 pm

I just wanted to say that I learned that the problem relates to me copying files from a File History folder instead of actually restoring them. I recently modified the folders on my computer and learning about the UTC file names and luckily gettign all this worked out by actually recovering files in the proper way from file history. Apparently after DVD file names get so long they just do not show correctly.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:42 pm

Try YAMM ( Yet Another Media Meta Manager ) install it, set your folder in the app and it should find everything...

Here is a direct link

http://www.missingremote.com/sites/defa ... 6_0827.exe
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

JackLuminous

Post by JackLuminous » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:02 am

I used to fight with ripped DVDs (storage, extenders, etc.) until I threw in the towel and ripped to Mkv files. I should have made that decision much sooner than I did.