Moving back and forth with WMC

eclas

HTPC Specs: Show details

Moving back and forth with WMC

Post by eclas » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Using hdHomeRunPrimes
I was just wondering...I move back and forth from south to north each year for the summer.
I'm planning on going into vacation mode and leaving the tuner adapters and cablecards from Time Warner here.
When I go north and hook up a new time warner setup I'll have to pair 2 new cablecards with the new tuner adapters up there.

My question is will I be able to just 'plug and go' when I get back without having to pair the cards I left here? The cablecards get the coding change right? So I'm thinking it should work)
Any other tips on moving like this to make it easier?
Thanks

RyC

Post by RyC » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:11 am

I was in a similar situation for a few years and I always had to re-pair upon returning home. I have a Cisco CC so it might be different with a Moto one

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:11 pm

Why not just leave the gear at home. Setup a web server using Emby (MB3), Setup all your portable devices to connect to Emby Server, then you would have your TV with you while you are travelling and also at your destination.

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Crash2009 wrote:Why not just leave the gear at home. Setup a web server using Emby (MB3), Setup all your portable devices to connect to Emby Server, then you would have your TV with you while you are travelling and also at your destination.
Likely with TWC he can't. They copy protect everything except locals so remote Emby doesn't work for me.

eclas

Post by eclas » Sat May 16, 2015 11:01 am

My upload speed at home (1mb) has never worked well for streaming. Also, if something happened to the system I'm not there to repair it. wifey would kill me if it crashed. :)