Guide Editor 2.1.0.2

A place for App developers to hang out / post
gpsguru

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by gpsguru » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Oddly, if I problematically use SetOverride the UI is updated and when I read the values back in they're what I would expect. But when I change things only through the MediaCenter UI the overrides are there but always contains the 'unknown' state.

gpsguru

Post by gpsguru » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:18 pm

For some reason you need to open the DB as an admin in order to get the full information...not sure why but it did the trick.

Code: Select all

//object_store = ObjectStore.DefaultSingleton;

// Open requesting admin instead
SHA256Managed sha256Gen = new SHA256Managed();
string clientId = Microsoft.MediaCenter.Store.ObjectStore.GetClientId(true);
string providerName = @"Anonymous!User";
string password = Convert.ToBase64String(sha256Gen.ComputeHash(Encoding.Unicode.GetBytes(clientId)));
object_store = Microsoft.MediaCenter.Store.ObjectStore.Open(null, providerName, password, true);
Credit for the credentials goes to dark_me:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 4f787dcb70

allanstevens

Post by allanstevens » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:38 am

I just posted a message over on the old green button forums about adding dvb-t/s channels, hope someone can help?

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... spx#555317

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:01 am

Source is the same as before, just loaded the project in VS2012 and rebuilt it. The binary was linked to the .NET assembly versions present in Win 7, and refusing to load with the newer versions present in 8.1. There is a project setting in VS2012 for whether references must match a specific version, which is set to false, so hopefully it will work with 8.1 updates and other x64 OS versions as well. I checked that that was already there (and set to false) in the Win7 version compiled in VS2008, so don't know why it fails complaining that the specific Win7 versions of the eHome assemblies aren't there. For some reason even though they didn't add features to MCE in 8/8.1, all the assemblies in the ehome directory have their versions updated to match the windows version, including the build number!

To answer gpsguru's question about prioritization: on the merged lineups tab, click "Source Channels". The Promote and Demote buttons should do what you want. The tuners are prioritized as groups, meaning while you can put your OTA tuners before cable or vice versa, you can't control whether OTA tuner #1 will get used before OTA tuner #2. It doesn't always stick, not sure why, I've seen it not stick when using the MCE UI sometimes as well.

Also, the 2012 debugger is better than the 2008 one. The thread that keeps running so that the process is still there when you close the window seems to be the mcepg library trying to reindex the guide after a new listing is added (even though that listing is empty in this case, it is still rechecking everything). Figured out how to have the process exit when you close it without waiting for this, will probably have a new version with that change soon. Still trying to work out how to make it not care about the assembly version numbers to have the same binary for 7-8.1.
Attachments
Guide Editor for 8.1 x64.7z
(163.73 KiB) Downloaded 353 times

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 am

I wasn't able to get multiple Windows versions working with one binary, no matter the project reference settings. Tried making a copy of the assemblies from the Win7 C:\windows\eHome directory and running it on 8.1 using the 7 libraries and got errors reading the 8.1 guide DB, so it looks like maybe something really did change between the MC versions?

Binaries are attached here for the 2 OSes I have it running on, Win7 x64 and Win8.1 RTM x64. Recompiling the source in VS2012 on a machine running the target OS should work to make binaries for Win8 or 32-bit OSes.

Note: The 8/8.1 version requires running with elevated privileges for registry access from the media center libraries when getting the list of guide listings on your system. Because it does this in the main form constructor, if you are looking at the forms in Visual Studio on a Win8/8.1 machine, Visual Studio itself must be run elevated.

Minor changes here from the previous version:

[*] When the main window is closed, the app terminates itself rather than waiting forever for the MC background reindexing.
[*] Added a column displaying the "Signal Quality" in the source channel management window, based on the first tuner in the source group.
[*] Removed a bit of dead code

GuideEditor_2.2.source.rar
Source (same for all versions), Visual Studio 2012 projects
(52.09 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
[/size]
GuideEditor.2.2_Win8.1_x64.rar
Binaries for Windows 8.1 64-bit RTM
(81.78 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
[/b][/size]
GuideEditor.2.2_win7_x64.rar
Binaries for Windows 7 64-bit
(80.88 KiB) Downloaded 753 times
[/b][/size]

CrazyCanuck

Post by CrazyCanuck » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:05 am

Is there a way to edit what tuners are used with a channel in Guide Editor?
I have two HDHomeruns and I would like certain channels mapped to each (based on where its antenna points).

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:46 pm

Just wanted to thank glugglug and anyone else involved in keeping this alive. I used an old version years ago, and now with the EPG cutover and all its inherent problems, I'm sure this will come in handy to add channels that I pay Comcast for, but which don't show up in the M$-provided guide.

Cheers.

MGilbert

Post by MGilbert » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:35 am

Hi, I have been trying to use the Add Channel tab for my DVB tuners. The reason I want to add channels is that when I do a single transponder scan on this particular frequency (10964), WMC finds channels but does not store them. I am wondering if having removed those channels some time ago, WMC is not able to restore them - hence trying to add with Guide Editor.

But, when I enter the params as I think they should be, I don't know what to enter for TSID since I have found no mention of that on UK sites. See for example http://www.satellite-calculations.com/D ... php?272/28 (I am trying to add channels 105 and 132). I put in the TID where your app asks for TSID, but it either does nothing or comes up with a serialisation error. It seems to want it in the format 2,057, not 02057. I am also surprised it doesn't need the symbol rate and polarisation entered since sure the tuner would need those?