Looking for iOS/Android developers to help build Remotes

Experiences and questions about WMC on your iPhone, Droid, WP7, and more.
bradleym

HTPC Specs: Show details

Looking for iOS/Android developers to help build Remotes

Post by bradleym » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Hello All,

For the past year or so I have been building out a framework to interact with Windows Media Center and Extenders. It is called "Media Center Remote Command Listener" and it is what powers my 'Media Center Remote' for Windows Phone 7 application as well as my upcoming 'Kinect for Media Center' application.

I have had a lot of requests to port my application to iOS and Android devices (and tablets), but I do no t have time nor experience in those software ecosystems (I work primarilly with Microsoft development in my real job). I am looking for Media Center enthusiasts and developers what would be interested in utilizing my framework to build iOS and Android apps.

The "Media Center Remote Command Listener" framework is web-service based and has functionality for service discovery. It can also be communicated with with basic TCP messaging as well. I would add any additional API's features to the framework that you would need tosupport and maintain your app. The API of my framework is highly documented and I can provide this as well. This would give you an enourmous head start in development and completly abstract away all of the nuances of working with Media Center, one I didnt have when I built my remote.

So my question... Is there anyone out there that wants to work with me to develop iOS and Android remotes? Please reach out! And if you can't help, please reply if you would use one of these new products or just a vote of support for my project!

You can check out all the project details at www.TheMediaCenterProject.com.

-b

P.S. 'Kinect for Media Center' has made tons of progress. Beta 6 is near feature complete. Check out the details at the project website above or follow the project on Facebook.

jeepguy04

Post by jeepguy04 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:23 pm

I have written a few android apps and currently have 2 in the market. I may be interested.

I actually wrote my own remote that interfaced with the old VMC controller background addin (http://vmccontroller.codeplex.com/). But I had alot of cleanup to do on the interface and never polished it off to release publicly. I would much rather interface with your command listener since it is still an active and supported project.

I'm currently finishing work on an app that I'm going to release to the market soon, but after that I may have time for this project.

Looks like you have done some really good work.

Koperap

Post by Koperap » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:56 am

Well, my be it is too late, but I know a good team of mobile app developers that can help you to develop any app you want for any OS. I was part of this team, so I know that these guys know their job.

Number1

Post by Number1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi guys. Using a combination of the remote potato ir listener and vmccontroller, I've created a Siri plugin for the iphone that controls some parts of windows media center. The video is below. Since posting it to youtube, I've added support for changing the volume. I'd like to get some help to implement support for movie and recorded tv functionality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qrsC91o ... kSI9OoX5Q=