Anyway to view HDHomerun Prime feed via wireless Android?

Experiences and questions about WMC on your iPhone, Droid, WP7, and more.
maseline_98

HTPC Specs: Show details

Anyway to view HDHomerun Prime feed via wireless Android?

Post by maseline_98 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:44 pm

I have an old droid hooked to my TV via HDMI mini as a Plex Client, but I recently bought a HDHomerun Prime and was trying to get the feed to the old phone. I tried using XBMC(sorry if that is not allowed here...I'm a n00b) and added the feed. I can stream SD channels just fine, but the HD channels just do not work. I'm guessing that wifi is not good enough to stream that feed. Suggestions?

[Moderator note: topic moved]

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:04 am

Something like this?...

http://www.instatv-app.com

slowbiscuit

Post by slowbiscuit » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:53 pm

maseline_98 wrote:I have an old droid hooked to my TV via HDMI mini as a Plex Client, but I recently bought a HDHomerun Prime and was trying to get the feed to the old phone. I tried using XBMC(sorry if that is not allowed here...I'm a n00b) and added the feed. I can stream SD channels just fine, but the HD channels just do not work. I'm guessing that wifi is not good enough to stream that feed. Suggestions?
If you're talking about using an Android DLNA client, the best you're going to get is SD. There's not enough bandwidth for reliable mpeg2 streaming of HD channels over wifi. You'll either have to transcode to mpeg4 or wait for the upcoming HD Prime with transcoding built in.

If all you want is live TV from the Prime remotely, get a cheap BD player that has DLNA built in and hook it up with wired Ethernet. Really crappy solution IMO (no program guide, have to select streams from a scrolling list to tune channels), but it does work.