MCEbuddy

Having trouble playing all your different media types? Ask here!
joshmsab

HTPC Specs: Show details

MCEbuddy

Post by joshmsab » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm

I can't seem to get MCEbuddy to work well. All the videos that it converts from WMC is just a grey screen with audio. No picture shows up. I imagine I might have settings wrong.

christoph86

Post by christoph86 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:55 am

What are you converting it to?

mike_ekim

Post by mike_ekim » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:26 pm

joshmsab wrote:I can't seem to get MCEbuddy to work well. All the videos that it converts from WMC is just a grey screen with audio. No picture shows up. I imagine I might have settings wrong.
MCEBuddy has a forum on Codeplex. I googled 'mcebuddy gray screen' and is seems like you are trying to convert shows that are flagged copy-once.

joshmsab

Post by joshmsab » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:13 pm

christoph86 wrote:What are you converting it to?
I've been trying to convert to MP4.
mike_ekim wrote:
joshmsab wrote:I can't seem to get MCEbuddy to work well. All the videos that it converts from WMC is just a grey screen with audio. No picture shows up. I imagine I might have settings wrong.
MCEBuddy has a forum on Codeplex. I googled 'mcebuddy gray screen' and is seems like you are trying to convert shows that are flagged copy-once.
I have been transferring the files to a faster PC to try and get the process to finish faster. I suppose I'll give doing it on the media pc a shot.

hunnypuppy

Post by hunnypuppy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:34 pm

If your video is copy protected by the broadcast, not software will be able to convert it. With the newer builds of MCEBuddy 2.3.15 it actually flags the conversion and stops it if it find a copy protection flag unless you manually instruct it to ignore the flag.