Bitstream vs PCM help

Having trouble playing all your different media types? Ask here!
newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by newfiend » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:18 pm

So I uninstalled haali and installed the latest version boom it now works .. Thanks again.. Owe ya one!

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

kuebs

Post by kuebs » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:05 pm

OK, so I followed directions where I set my ffdShow codec to output m264 and AVI files to dolby. I am back to getting sound out of my HDMI for AVI. However, my reciever still says the signal it is getting is PCM. My ulitmate goal here, now that I have sound back, is to have WMC, play files, and where it detects Dolby 5.1, 2.1, or 2.0 play that out as default. Where there is not a dolby encoding I would just want it to play it as PCM.

Is this possible?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:54 pm

kuebs wrote:OK, so I followed directions where I set my ffdShow codec to output m264 and AVI files to dolby. I am back to getting sound out of my HDMI for AVI. However, my reciever still says the signal it is getting is PCM. My ulitmate goal here, now that I have sound back, is to have WMC, play files, and where it detects Dolby 5.1, 2.1, or 2.0 play that out as default. Where there is not a dolby encoding I would just want it to play it as PCM.

Is this possible?
Posted a reply for you over here : http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 762#p14762
newfiend~