Is there a 64-bit replacement video decoder for live tv?

Having trouble playing all your different media types? Ask here!
cudaboy_71

HTPC Specs: Show details

Is there a 64-bit replacement video decoder for live tv?

Post by cudaboy_71 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:51 am

the ms video decoder absolutely butchers my live tv stream and recordings in MCE.

i'm beginning to doubt my decision to install win7 as 64 bit. when i ran 32 bit i could load the powerdvd9 driver (which is only 32bit as far as i know) to decode the live/recorded tv in MCE.

now, when i run win7dsfilter tweaker i have nothing in the 64-bit column to replace the ms decoder with (powerdvd9 still shows up in the 32 bit column)

does anyone know of 64-bit video decoder that will work with the live tv stream/recorded files in MCE?

thnaks.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:17 pm

You can try using ffdshow (x64).

It may only be able to do Mpeg 2 and not h.264 though.

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/04/media-ce ... ows-7.html

To be honest though, the built in codecs are pretty good and I think that most people use them without issue.

What hardware are you running Win 7 on (CPU, GPU, RAM etc..)?
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 pm

cudaboy_71 wrote:the ms video decoder absolutely butchers my live tv stream and recordings in MCE.

i'm beginning to doubt my decision to install win7 as 64 bit. when i ran 32 bit i could load the powerdvd9 driver (which is only 32bit as far as i know) to decode the live/recorded tv in MCE.

now, when i run win7dsfilter tweaker i have nothing in the 64-bit column to replace the ms decoder with (powerdvd9 still shows up in the 32 bit column)

does anyone know of 64-bit video decoder that will work with the live tv stream/recorded files in MCE?

thnaks.
Do you have any codec packs installed now? I run 64 bit and live and recorded tv are fine.

Joni

Post by Joni » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 am

LAV Filters, but you might lose ff/rev without ms decoder. It's far superior to ffdshow whitch isn't developed actively anymore. It comes with Splitter, Video and Audio decoder.