Amazon Unbox Videos Audio Codec Error

Having trouble playing all your different media types? Ask here!
robertredd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Amazon Unbox Videos Audio Codec Error

Post by robertredd » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:01 pm

I use Amazon Unbox to download rental movies and play them in Media Center when they show up in the Videos area. However, recently, I cannot play an Amazon video either in the Unbox player or in Media Center. I get an audio codec not found. However, if I find the "wmv" file in windows and play it with Media Player, it works fine.

Any ideas?

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:23 am

I just have my wacky experience to report. I tried playing a downloaded film in media center and it failed too, like you. So I've been playing them in the unbox player. However, when I start a movie I get only audio with a black screen. I have to press cntrl-alt-delete, then esc esc before the picture pops up and everything plays correctly from there on.

Lets just say I'm not too impressed with Amazon Unbox.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Have either of you tried contacting Amazon re: the issue? I would contact the support dept. and explain the situation and see what codecs are needed, or it might need a little work on their DRM on their end to allow it to play within MC.
Codec's seem to be the biggest pain when it comes to HTPC's.I wish that everyone could just agree on a format (container for Audio and Video) and go with it... it would be much simpler don't ya think? lol
newfiend~