Shark 007 v3.3.9 setup guide

Having trouble playing all your different media types? Ask here!
cw-kid

HTPC Specs: Show details

Shark 007 v3.3.9 setup guide

Post by cw-kid » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:16 am

Excellent, I'm building a new HTPC and am a fan of Shark 077 Codec Pack. It's always been a shot in the dark with the settings. I found some Youtube walk throughs but they too were a bit all over the place with what works or not. I'm glad they even tell you the gotcha's of what not to check if using My Movies add-in. I'll be trying this out this weekend. Hopefully it's still valid 6 months later

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:27 am

Some settings in the Shark pack change and he releases so many versions. Not sure what version I am using now? Will have to check I know its not the latest version. Generally the settings I use are the same from release to release. Using the new LAV filters now instead of FFDShow etc.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:00 am

I tried your suggestions and only experienced long pauses/freezing before the MKV would play in Media Center via My Movies.

Here are my optimal settings in case it helps someone else:

1) Install Shark007 Windows 7 codec pack and also download install x64 components

2) Right click Settings Application, run as administrator, Click the Shark007 SUGGESTED settings box at the bottom, click the Audio Tab and under Audio Bitstreaming select TrueHD/DTS HD-MA (HDMI), on the H264 tab pick Use FFDshow's codec, under MKV tab, pick Use Haali's splitter(default), Finally on Config tab, pick No Subtitles under Subtitle control)

3) Right click Settings Application x64, and follow the same directions as #2 above

I didn't change anything else yet, so far all my AVI's and MKV's start instantly, look great, and sound great. (in full digital surround, my AVR shows correct bitstream)

I have a Denon AVR-4311CI hooked up to my GeForce 550 Ti via HDMI.
Last edited by JazJon on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:05 am

Codec are never easy what works for one might not for another, I usually write blog posts about my codec setup
for myself, So I can refer back to them later. Last shark pack I installed only last week pretty much worked out of the box for me with default settings! For all my sample video files and regular test movies.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:19 am

Exactly, if only it were that easy and standard across the board for everyone. :-/ It took me quite a few trial and errors to get it right. I finally started out simple with as few changes as possible until things were playing zippy fast, smooth, and reliable for all formats.