My Intro - Using WMC with DirecTV

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
SebastopolSlim

HTPC Specs: Show details

My Intro - Using WMC with DirecTV

Post by SebastopolSlim » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Fairly late to WMC. Bought an HdHomerun a little over two years ago. Three computers running 8.1, one running 7, and one XBox 360, whose sole function in life is that of media extender.

Switched to DirecTV and recently got an Haupauge HDPVR2. Not as good a setup, but WMC will play .ts files just fine. I fiddled with MCE Buddy and converting the videos to .wtv. On the plus side, you get meta data, on the minus, HD picture quality suffers a little and the conversions are slow, unless I buy new hardware.

I suffer the usual glitches if I change anything on the network, and sometimes when I don't.

The HTPC is an Acer Revo with an IR receiver added and 10TB external storage. It runs WMC flawlessly and has a great picture. With the HdHomerun, it would record 3 shows simultaneously, while watching one, with no hiccups. I will cry when it dies. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZ6VQZI

Typical for me is to show up late, but as long as there is life left from WMC, I'll use it. And I'll stick with windows 8.1 for as long as possible.

Slim

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Welcome !
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

SebastopolSlim

Post by SebastopolSlim » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:14 am

Thank you, Dave.