Help configuring WMC with DVB-C Unitymedia Germany

For country-specific questions and topics regarding Media Center
ralfkolo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Help configuring WMC with DVB-C Unitymedia Germany

Post by ralfkolo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:42 am

Hi,

i tried to discribe my problem here. so i have a six-core computer, and a built in hauppauge 5500 series hybrid card, it runs all perfectly with a third party tv-software.
at sylvester 2012, my provider for german television dvb-c unitymedia germany hast set his new frequencies and all secured-channels a now all free availible. (not sky tv).
for a realy correct installation and configuration in microsoft windows media center as owned by add features in windows 8 the system can´t find one of the channels.
i must find or set this correct informations to give windows media center the chance to work! Here are the must have informations from the provider unitymedia germany:
Frequency (kHz) 362000, Symbol Rate: 6900, Modulation: 256QAM, Netword-Id Automaticly. When i scan with the third party prg: ,,dvbviewer" it is all fine, but no
way to use it with windows media center! can someone help me? thank you very much! the default methode is also not working to. searching about more than 1 hour... :-((

holidayboy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by holidayboy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:48 pm

You might want to check out DVBLink TVSource from DVBLogic, it lets you scan transponders etc outside of Media Center and then import the complete channel lineup into Media Center:

http://dvblogic.com/en/products/windows-pc

The Connect Server component also allows you to share the tuners to other machines etc...
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.