Watching Huluplus on desktop computer

For country-specific questions and topics regarding Media Center
madmamalou

HTPC Specs: Show details

Watching Huluplus on desktop computer

Post by madmamalou » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm running Windows 7 on a brand new Dell desktop (one week old - came with Windows installed). Last night when using my HuluPlus account online the tv show played but I had no sound. I opened Windows Media Center, clicked on the Audio icon at the bottom and it said there was a "Volume Error - WMC encountered an error that may result in no audio or could prevent you from changing the volume but there was no indication of how to fix it. I've run the Properties but don't see anything there I can do. How do I fix it please? I thought maybe I could uninstall Media Center and reinstall it from Microsoft but I don't see it in "Programs" and a right click doesn't offer the option to uninstall.

Any help would be appreciated.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:15 pm

If you got the error in HuluPlus, why do you think it's a Windows Media Center problem?

It sounds like a problem with your underlying Windows audio drivers. Are you getting sound in any othe programs?

madmamalou

Post by madmamalou » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:17 am

I'm not getting sound on anything. When I realized I had no sound I looked through my programs to see if there was something there that referred to audio, saw Windows Media Center, opened it, and clicked on TV. That's when I got the message re "Volume Error". Pity they didn't tell me how to fix it. I think it's a Windows problem too, but don't know how to fix it.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:35 am

madmamalou wrote:I'm not getting sound on anything. When I realized I had no sound I looked through my programs to see if there was something there that referred to audio, saw Windows Media Center, opened it, and clicked on TV. That's when I got the message re "Volume Error". Pity they didn't tell me how to fix it. I think it's a Windows problem too, but don't know how to fix it.
It's clearly not a WMC issue, so WMC can't tell you how to fix it - it just knows that it asked Windows for Volume services, and it got an error.

It's a brand new computer - you should call Dell.

madmamalou

Post by madmamalou » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks for your input. I'll do that.