Anyone here doing UK Sky with Omnikey card reader?

For country-specific questions and topics regarding Media Center
bobbob

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by bobbob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:25 am

I still don't understand what it is you're doing :oops: do you mind explaining in a bit more detail so i can decide if its something i want to do?

volfan6415

Post by volfan6415 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:16 am

I know this is off topic but you UK users seem to have way more to deal with compared to us US folk....just reading about all of the hoops you have to jump through makes out Ceton macro blocking problems seem like child's play

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 am

yes BUT (and this will always win) no DRM!!!!!!!!!!!!

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:38 am

Don't say that too loud bobbob - the folks at $ky could be listening! :O
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

mrphil

Post by mrphil » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:03 pm

bobbob wrote:I still don't understand what it is you're doing :oops: do you mind explaining in a bit more detail so i can decide if its something i want to do?
What I was doing, but currently not as I had to upgrade to TVSource 4.5, was downloading the latest transponder file from KingofSat. I was then using http://epg.whmcr.com/ to generate a TVSource config file which overwrites the existing config with the latest channel changes. That site gets its information from the Sky EPGusing EPGCollector. By doing this, you don't need to do any manual rescanning when there are transponder changes as you have both the new transponder file and an updated config for the channels.

I had to upgrade TVSource to 4.5 though and that website doesnt seem to be creating config files that are compatible.

NWW

Post by NWW » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 am

I started doing this using TNTSAT ( a one time activation, 4 years valid, subscription free package with 20 channels, with 6 new HD channels launching on December) yesterday. I put some recording to go this morning, and looking at the log, it's working great! I'm going to try it out over the couple of days with multiple recordings, and see what it looks like.

I don't know what the reader is, just some card reader I had stored somewhere, I think it is for a bank or something ^^.

Ecm time: 200 ms average
Reader: Hadu, using CCCam as a protocol
CPU usage: Dvblink process takes 3%, Oscam 0%, tvs_plugin 0% on an intel core i5 2500k @ 4.2Ghz

Going to add another card soon and more clients, and will report back!

tony_park

Post by tony_park » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 am

mrphil wrote:
bobbob wrote:I still don't understand what it is you're doing :oops: do you mind explaining in a bit more detail so i can decide if its something i want to do?
What I was doing, but currently not as I had to upgrade to TVSource 4.5, was downloading the latest transponder file from KingofSat. I was then using http://epg.whmcr.com/ to generate a TVSource config file which overwrites the existing config with the latest channel changes. That site gets its information from the Sky EPGusing EPGCollector. By doing this, you don't need to do any manual rescanning when there are transponder changes as you have both the new transponder file and an updated config for the channels.

I had to upgrade TVSource to 4.5 though and that website doesnt seem to be creating config files that are compatible.
DVBlink have plans to have an automated system in place, whereby any changes that Sky introduce in their lineup, will automatically come through to your pc, and also add the channels to your EPG lists. Fortunately these days, Sky have stopped moving channels around, for now.