How much time is left for WMC?

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
koberhol

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by koberhol » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:37 pm

STC wrote:There are many cable STBs with cableCARDs in them. It's not going away any time soon.
I love the optimism STC.. Seriously! Because you are most often able to see scenarios which benefit different types of use and users. In my case, as you mention in this thread earlier, I have a dedicated HTPC and I couldn't be any happier. It's Windows 7... It works.. Once in a while I get a scare with a DRM crash or Guide Data.. then I think 'Oh my what now'. But basically I don't see the doomsday that many speak of. I love all the features like DVRMST, COMSKIP, My Channel Logos.. etc.. It's customized perfectly for our household and we wouldn't trade it for anything. I recently added a Synology NAS ripped all my DVD's etc etc etc. Call me living in the past. Call me naïve. But I don't see any writing on any of the walls others speak of. I expect that I will eventually replace this system but I expect it will be because I want a newer technology rather than because someone stopped providing guide data. :D