The Dream comes to an end :(

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
werds

HTPC Specs: Show details

The Dream comes to an end :(

Post by werds » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Well... WAF finally killed the WMC system in our house... or was it Mediacom? Or was it Ceton? Dunno :(

Moved to new home in July and Mediacom, DirecTV, and Dish network were the only options... so since Mid July we have had 4 weeks of no TV (non-consecutive), missed the last week of premieres due to "No Service available"...

Went through 5 different cable cards, each time they would get paired and everything worked fine and then each one having some different amount of time before we saw "No Service Available" . This last time it was one and a half days and the wife said time to move to DirecTV :(

Maybe the Ceton tuner is going bad or maybe Mediacom just was screwing something up somewhere. Either way the wife had too much and we are moving ong... she is mad because she loved the setup...but she wasn't ready for us to roll the dice anymore and our 90 day guarantee with Mediacom was creeping up and we didn't want to get stuck in a 2 year contract where the issue was Mediacom and we kept going long periods without tv service....

I might stop in every now and again and I still haven't decided what I am doing with the equipment (probably going to keep it as a parallel movie and music system until I find something more elegant... or maybe save it for whenever Silicon Dust figures out their software ;)