Accessories for Nexus Player

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
IownFIVEechos

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by IownFIVEechos » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:21 pm

3rob3 wrote:Live TV DRM channels should work in both View and the Android Live TV app, but there is no way to record and play them back (yet). I don't have any DRM channels so I can't verify for you but others say it works
Yes, you can save your FLIRC config to a file. I haven't seen people sharing configs though, probably because everyone's needs/wants are different.
I probably was rushing so much that I just didn't see it correctly (I hope). One cool thing is the 'Live TV' app now lets you jump to the HomeRunView App so you can navigate the EPG and then jump to the other app. Not perfect but much better than nothing for now! I wont be putting this live until I have to. But need to make sure the boxes do as I expect before the return window closes. Thanks again.

So I gather the setup of the FLIRC isn't to painful. Until I do it; it is a mystery to me.

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Google's Live Channels app doesn't support Dtcp-ip or any DRM for viewing copy once+ channels. For those channels, you have to use the HDHR View app, and you have to leave h.264 decoder setting checked (can't have only MPEG2 checked - don't know if MPEG 2 can be checked at all in that situation - I just know h.264 has to be checked) in the HDHR View settings. Only Copy Freely channels will work in the View app. I don't know if Google changed/added anything in Marshmallow in the regard to fix it (like add Dtcp-ip support to Live Channels), but I haven't heard anything indicating they did so far.

Don't worry about the FLIRC - I went in not knowing anything beforehand/literally no reading done beforehand and had my first Harmony setup in 5-10 mins.

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Ed  wrote:Only Copy Freely channels will work in the View app.
Meant Live Channels app there, can't edit.