A simple way to turn HD camcorder video to DVD?

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
bnewt

HTPC Specs: Show details

A simple way to turn HD camcorder video to DVD?

Post by bnewt » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:58 pm

A couple of weeks ago, my nephew was married. I recorded a lot of the "happenings" with a Panasonic HD camcorder. I would like to transfer these files to a dvd, but have no idea what I need to do. Is there a beginners guide for something like this. My pc has a dvd burner, but I don't know what else is needed.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Most cameras come with software for this purpose. Look around for any discs that may have come with it or check Panasonic's website to download the software. They usually require a serial number, so have that handy.

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:24 pm

I believe you will need to download the files from the camcorder on your PC, and then use DVD authoring software to edit the video, add graphics, and such, and then convert to DVD format and burn.

Microsoft used to include Windows Movie Maker the installation, but I believe you now have to download it from them. It should be FREE

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ovie-maker

jec6613

Post by jec6613 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:39 pm

It is free, and it works. :)

You'll only get a SD DVD, but downscaled from HD it'll be better than an SD to SD transfer (this is a limitation of DVD video, not the software). It can also author digital files in full HD.