love media center

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
nadspink

HTPC Specs: Show details

love media center

Post by nadspink » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:04 am

was just trying out dvblink since i saw somewhere that it could be used to watch livetv in boxee. one thing i've noticed is it seems every other pvr software out there is a pain in the butt to get up and running. always having to jump through hoops just to get something working. can get the channels but not the guide or the guide and not the channels. not in media center, install a tuner, setup tv and your watching shows. sure you might have to do some fine tuning to get the guide setup properly but it's fairly easy to figure out and if you can't you can always find an answer on sites like this one. i will say that of all the media center apps i've tried this is the most complete and easiest to work with. now if boxee ever adds live tv i might have to give it a go.

Fleadh

Post by Fleadh » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Its deffo the easiest and most polished out of the box solution.

I would also love it if xbmc/boxee ever developed native tuner support.

lovemyram4x4

Post by lovemyram4x4 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:59 pm

Not taking into account of the initial cbalecard activation, setting up a cablecard tuner is even easier, it gets all the channel mapping from the cablecard so need to do channel scan, just keep clicking next until you get to finish.