Microsoft + Ceton = Less Community

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
woodchuck

HTPC Specs: Show details

Microsoft + Ceton = Less Community

Post by woodchuck » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm curious if anyone else feels the same, but two factors have really caused me to rarely search HTPC forums anymore.

#1: Ceton. I cannot believe how well my InfiniTV 4 works! This puppy just plain works, all the time, day & night. I no longer need to go digging around for arcane solutions to little ticks and twists of tuner usage.

#2a: Microsoft. Firstly, they do deserve praise for how well 7MC works. Even with a number of addons, like Heatwave, MCL, etc, 7MC and 7 work fantastic. One in awhile I go in to check on things, but my HTPC box just pain works.

#2b: Microsoft. I was a fan of the update that gobbled up TGB, but no longer. The community that was TGB is gone (I know some of it came here) and now you just cannot find things over there. Epic FAIL Microsoft.

So here I am. I love my HTPC, but rarely need to fix it anymore! I do check in to see what is new once in awhile, and when I do, it's gonna be either here or missingremote.

gpatlanta

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by gpatlanta » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:26 am

I find myself feeling more plugged into this site then ever. Maybe it is the simple lack of years of stuff or me just being so hopeful that this is picking ip because I was so annoyed by the new WEC site. I think people are getting help here and a lot of good content is popping up.
Greg