WTB coax adapter cable for InfiniTV 6 PCIe

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
wmc_chick

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by wmc_chick » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:42 pm

The tip broke off of my adapter cable and I cannot reattach it to the tv tuner. Hoping to find a replacement ASAP.

What have you all got? Will happily pay market value and shipping to take it off of your hands. TY

wmc_chick

Post by wmc_chick » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Can anyone confirm if this cable will work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RF-coax-cable-m ... SwTuJYqLh6

It looks different than the one that came with the InfiniTV 6 P'CIe. Image

wmc_chick

Post by wmc_chick » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:19 pm

wmc_chick

Post by wmc_chick » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:40 pm

I ordered the one from Amazon. Crossing fingers that it works!

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:08 pm

wmc_chick wrote:Will this one work?

https://www.amazon.com/DHT-Electronics- ... RC14WF#Ask
I've ordered this item as well and it seemed to work just as effectively as the original. They also sell a right angle connect version for those with HTPC cases. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CK ... UTF8&psc=1

wmc_chick

Post by wmc_chick » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Thank you for weighing in.

wmc_chick

Post by wmc_chick » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:58 am

Reporting back that the Amazon cable worked. All systems back to normal. :)

untrsb

Post by untrsb » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:30 am

Since you are asking about replacement cables... The mod that I did to my card fixes problems that can occur with the adapter (breaking it or losing it) and might help others that find this post. All it took was cutting a notch in the PCI cover near the screw. A dremel made it really easy and only took 5 minutes. I also added some right angle coax adapters so that the cable inside the case does not stick out really far, and so that the outside cable hangs straight down.

Here are some links to compatible adapters. Two lengths of right angle connectors and a straight connector.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CKG6T9I
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WJTPCVW
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CTJN480

And here are images of my mod from the inside and outside. It takes the smaller adapter cord and puts it in your case so that it cant break or get lost.

Zenikar

Post by Zenikar » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:54 am

Thank you for this I have been looking for and trying to figure out what to call this Coaxial adapter!

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:46 pm

untrsb wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:30 am Since you are asking about replacement cables... The mod that I did to my card fixes problems that can occur with the adapter (breaking it or losing it) and might help others that find this post. All it took was cutting a notch in the PCI cover near the screw. A dremel made it really easy and only took 5 minutes. I also added some right angle coax adapters so that the cable inside the case does not stick out really far, and so that the outside cable hangs straight down.

Here are some links to compatible adapters. Two lengths of right angle connectors and a straight connector.

And here are images of my mod from the inside and outside. It takes the smaller adapter cord and puts it in your case so that it cant break or get lost.
Dam, that is a great idea. wish I thought of that years ago. Not that it would save it from being unplugged (I never have that issue) but, to make it more like an appliance.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

mjlaris

Post by mjlaris » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:29 am

Hey guys, I realize that this is an old thread but I have an InfiniTV 4 PCIe card that I haven't been able to use for a while. I switched to Plex over a year ago and Plex doesn't support Ceton. However a guy on another form wrote some code that runs on Windows 10 that makes the Ceton cards look like HDHomerun digital cable tuners. I downloaded the installation file and it installed fine. I put a cable card into the Ceton card but when I went to connect the cable, I couldn't find the little adapted cable. So I did a google search and found this thread. I bought the above mentioned adapter cables from Amazon by following the links above, the adapter cables were delivered but I cannot for the life of me figure out how these adapter cables are supposed to fit on the little connector above the cablecard on the Ceton PCIe card. The adapter cable connector and the Ceton card connector appear to be the same size. Is there some special trick to getting this adapter cable connected to the Ceton PCIe card? I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me how this is done. Thanks

untrsb

Post by untrsb » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:54 am

No, there is no trick. The adapter plug should just push on, with just the slightest amount of resistance until it kind of snaps into place. (Think of plugging in headphones, that is similar to the force needed) It shouldn't take much effort at all though. If you are thinking that it isn't going on right, you might want to take a closer look at the end that plugs into your card. The plug consists of the outer ring that is probably slit in 3-4 places, and then there is a pin on the inside. I would also check the plug on your card to make sure everything looks good there. If you need something to compare to, do a google image search for 'mcx connector'. The first result should be a close up of both male and female connectors on wikipedia.

Hope that helps.

Out of curiosity, what is this code that makes the ceton cards appear as a hdhomerun? I was thinking that I would have to abandon my ceton cards when i eventually move to Win10.

mjlaris

Post by mjlaris » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:24 am

Ok, I got it to plug in. The problem was that I must have had a very early version of the Ceton card that took a different kind of connector. However, I was able to buy a Ceton 4 tuner card on eBay for $15 (originally I bought it just for the adapter but when I saw that it was the same as the other adapters I had bought, I looked and then realized my original care was physically different). Any way, I installed the new card and the adapter and connected the cable easy (just as you said). As for the code I mentioned, you can get it at https://github.com/craigmox/cetonproxy. I got it setup but I'm still figuring it out. Plex did recognize the Ceton card as an HDhomerun but I have not yet been able to actually tune to a tv station (but I did get it to scan and recognize my tv stations). However i must have some other setting wrong because it's not tuning to tv stations yet. I'll post back here when I figure out the correct settings.