F/S: Xbox 360 Slim, 4GB, WMC Only

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
LuckyDay

HTPC Specs: Show details

F/S: Xbox 360 Slim, 4GB, WMC Only

Post by LuckyDay » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:17 pm

I have a 360 slim unit, the DVD drive broke, so I removed it (would give an error and wouldn't boot because the drive was stuck).

Now it works great, unfortunately without a DVD drive you can't update XBox live, so you can't play games or use apps like Netflix.

As a result, this is now simply a WMC extender. That's what we've been using it for for a while now and it works flawlessly for that purpose, the wife just finally ran out of patience and wants her Netflix/HBO Go.

Just throwing this up for sale/trade in case anyone has a need for it. Includes the power cable, the original composite/component cable, and the hard drive.

]

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:13 am

What happens when you attempt to update the Xbox with the DVD drive missing?

Why not buy a replacement drive on eBay for cheap?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:28 am

Scallica wrote:What happens when you attempt to update the Xbox with the DVD drive missing?

The lack of a drive causes the update to fail, it's by design to help combat spoofed drives used for piracy.

As for replacing it, it's possible but since I don't have the original anymore I don't know what model it is to replace. If you don't use a drive type that matches the motherboard Microsoft can flag the system and ban from Live.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:45 pm

LuckyDay wrote:
Scallica wrote:What happens when you attempt to update the Xbox with the DVD drive missing?

The lack of a drive causes the update to fail, it's by design to help combat spoofed drives used for piracy.

As for replacing it, it's possible but since I don't have the original anymore I don't know what model it is to replace. If you don't use a drive type that matches the motherboard Microsoft can flag the system and ban from Live.
With out the original board off the original DVD drive, a ebay clone or pull wont work, it is impossible to replace, unless it goes to Microsoft at a large cost(you can buy a new one for the cost of repair). I fixed 360's for a while and that is a big deal.

This would be a really great option just for WMC.... As long as WMC works, it IS the only Extender compatible with 8.1 or the modded Windows 10 WMC version.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:11 am

Still available. Console and HDD only. I'm keeping the power cable as a backup for another system.

Goes to the first person who pays S/H. Should be about $10-15 via a USPS flat rate box.

tardyturtle

Post by tardyturtle » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:54 pm

See PM.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:37 pm

LuckyDay wrote:Still available. Console and HDD only. I'm keeping the power cable as a backup for another system.

Goes to the first person who pays S/H. Should be about $10-15 via a USPS flat rate box.
If it's not gone.... do you still have the broken DVD drive sitting around for it ? I might be interested, as I might be able to replace the parts in the DVD drive to make it all work and update..
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:55 pm

Sorry, missed this reply but someone snatched it up. Thanks.