Wanted: Ceton Echo

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
untrsb

HTPC Specs: Show details

Wanted: Ceton Echo

Post by untrsb » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:36 pm

I am looking for a couple more Echo's to fill out my setup. Let me know what you have.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Buy a Linksys DMA2100 or an XBOX360. Both are more reliable than the Echo.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

spanner

Post by spanner » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:10 pm

Scallica wrote:Buy a Linksys DMA2100 or an XBOX360. Both are more reliable than the Echo.
This might be true if you don't use cable card with Comcast. the new h.264 format made my DMA2100s useless. I find that my echos are a good solution in a room where they can be hidden away like in the kitchen. I find that my echos like my xboxes work well for everything but premium content(HBO etc) on Comcast.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:45 am

untrsb wrote:I am looking for a couple more Echo's to fill out my setup. Let me know what you have.
I have one but it wasn't reliable for me so I stopped using it.... However if you are an expert in what makes them tick then maybe you know what needs to be done to make it work for you.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

untrsb

Post by untrsb » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:18 pm

Scallica wrote:Buy a Linksys DMA2100 or an XBOX360. Both are more reliable than the Echo.
I am halfway looking into the Linksys MCE, and already have a couple of 360s running...but I really prefer the size and power requirements of the echo. It is easy to hide next to the tv and can be powered from the tv if needed. I have wired gigabit through my house, so I would much rather use this over wireless.

I currently have two Echos running, but want a couple more to finish out the other rooms in the house. As far as the reliability of them, I have had no problems running my echos. I use a Ceton Infinitv 6pcie w/ cable card to capture my tv from FiOs and it works great.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:17 am

I run Windows 8 now so using the Echo isn't an option for me anymore. When I was running Windows 7 the issue I had was the Echo and the PC would simply freeze at the same time. Eliminating the Echo's from my setup resolved the issue. So I really don't know if it was the actual Echo itself or the client software on the PC.

If you want it I'll sell it for $50 shipped. It's in the original box with all the stuff that came with it minus the HDMI cable. Again, I don't know what was causing the issue so it would be sold "as is."

Let me know if your interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teame06

Post by teame06 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:32 pm

I have two ceton echo that I need to verify still work because I bought it and only use it for one or two days. Then I just collected dust for a long time.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:12 am

teame06 wrote:I have two ceton echo that I need to verify still work because I bought it and only use it for one or two days. Then I just collected dust for a long time.
Does that mean to say you are selling them?

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:29 pm

I have one in the UK if all else fails. Probably big postage costs though - and it's running the beta software with android bits........

Sent from mTalk
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

untrsb

Post by untrsb » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:36 am

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replys. In the time between posting this and now I have found a couple of Echo's on ebay and craigslist that I was able to get for good prices. I also found that a MicroCenter near me had brand new ones still sitting on the shelf. I noticed a few other locations still listed having them on the shelf, so if you are looking for some you might check there.

Thanks Again,
untrsb

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:07 pm

How much were they brand new at MicroCenter? BTW, which store?

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Denver MicroCenter $34, 1 left for in store pickup only. It's a steal if your local. http://www.microcenter.com/product/4056 ... dia_player

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:20 pm

I looked a couple of days ago and Denver and I think one of the ones in Georgia each had one left. The kicker is that they are an in-store purchase only.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Heck, I'd pay postage up to $30 or $40 and still get it at a bargain. I might just call but I still have one echo not in service right now. I have 5 and this one is an android beta unit that I just rolled back to stable f/w.. Funny thing is it still shows the android f/w as an available update. The stable and beta channels show the same last final f/w but it shows one available on the android f/w channel.. Hmm.. still might call them up. I wish microcenter would make it easier to find where stock is located rather than having to switch stores until you find one. Thanks for looking it up!

breakthestatic

Post by breakthestatic » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:50 pm

I don't know if anyone is still looking for one, but I'd part ways with mine for $60 plus shipping (probably wouldn't be much since the device is so small - I'm guessing probably would fit in a small USPS flat-rate box with ease). Shoot me a msg if anyone is still interested.

untrsb

Post by untrsb » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:54 am

Sammy2 wrote:How much were they brand new at MicroCenter? BTW, which store?
Like already mentioned by someone else, I paid about $42 each. I think they have been dropping the price every few weeks, so I may have paid a few dollar more...but it was under $50.

EDIT to add more detail after reading other posts.

I got mine from the Houston, TX store. And actually I didn't go to the store, I live a few hours away but have a family member that was able to go get them for me. Before I realized they could get it for me, I tried calling the store to see if there was any way they would ship it but the MicroCenter employee said it was in store only. It seems like the only way you will get them from MicroCenter is if you actually go into the store (or have someone go for you).

As of writing this, The Denver Tech Center location is the only one that has one left.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:45 pm

My buddy has the Denver one on hold for me. I don't want it. If someone wants it I'll have him pick it up. But I'm just afraid of the Echo not being a good one and me stuck in the middle. So I might just tell my friend to drop the hold.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:32 pm

kd6icz wrote:My buddy has the Denver one on hold for me. I don't want it. If someone wants it I'll have him pick it up. But I'm just afraid of the Echo not being a good one and me stuck in the middle. So I might just tell my friend to drop the hold.

PM sent.

I've never had a "bad one" and I have 5 already so I won't hold anyone but me responsible for it, BTW.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:34 pm

breakthestatic wrote:I don't know if anyone is still looking for one, but I'd part ways with mine for $60 plus shipping (probably wouldn't be much since the device is so small - I'm guessing probably would fit in a small USPS flat-rate box with ease). Shoot me a msg if anyone is still interested.
I know it'll fit in that box because the last one came in one of those boxes, complete with remote, power brick and cables.

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:49 pm

Sammy2 wrote:
PM sent.

I've never had a "bad one" and I have 5 already so I won't hold anyone but me responsible for it, BTW.
I have.... Still have it. It's a paperweight. Bought two new from Amazon in 2015. One good one bad. Sold the good one still have the bad one cus it's useless.

Anyway, I'll respond to your PM.