Comcast Central Delaware Copy Once Protecting MANY Channels

For questions regarding Co-ax wiring, and to complain about your cable co.
ZippyTheChicken

HTPC Specs: Show details

Comcast Central Delaware Copy Once Protecting MANY Channels

Post by ZippyTheChicken » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:21 pm

I have been recording shows for over a year now and previously did on comcast in Pennsylvania back before Digital was enabled.

I have been trying to compile a number of shows for when I cut the cord because I just cant stand it anymore... or the price.

When I first started I had AMC SyFy and FoxNews as the only non-hbo type stations that were copy once protected.

I don't order the pay stations like HBO I just have the Digital Starter package which gives me about 125 networks with about 25 of them being local OTA stations from Philly Maryland and Jersey. Many of the others are duplicate high number HD Stations that I can not benefit from since I don't have the HD Boxes or HD Package but I see them in SD .. sucks i even see dumbed down HD from local OTA .. they actually degrade the OTA and send it as low quality SD ...

anyway...

The last couple months on the first of the month they have been adding more and more stations to their CopyOnce group.

That means I can't save these files with MCEBuddy an drop them down from 3GB to 500MB with the same quality.. pretty much.

And If I record the Copy Once Networks I can't move these files around or use other players or stream them out to my TV's Android Box I guess.. So I don't record them.. I would really like to record Mad Men on AMC and thats always ticked me off..

But now they are down to copy protecting networks like SPIKE Bravo Esquire

I mean spike is really pretty useless its all reruns but I want the Car Shows on Saturday Morning.. I do have a number of them and you can watch them online on their website but..

Anyway its really starting to tick me off because there aren't many stations left that you can record and re-encode and save.

They just announced that The Simpsons will only be distributed by streaming now.. no more DVDs of seasons.. I expect a lot of other shows will quickly follow...

I suspect that Comcast is locking up their networks so people can't record this stuff very easy anymore. .. and Comcast just introduced a streaming service.. I would guess in battles with Sling..

Things are definitely changing out there.

If you record content for later viewing I strongly suggest that you fill your recording schedule completely.

Archive everything you like to watch now... because it won't be long until you won't be able to.

I have got to the point where I am recording old episodes of bewitched and Threes Company and other 40 year old shows in my schedule when there are openings because everything is locked up tight now...

I would guess by this time next year every network on my Central Delaware Comcast account will be Copy Once Protected and when that happens I will Move to OTA to record content.. and eventually drop comcast TV and just keep their Cable Modem because there are no other broadband providers in the area.

And if they tick me off that much theres no way I will be buying into their online streaming package no matter how good it is.. I will just watch shows a few days late on Hulu. because you can't record Hulu so why pay comcast for not being able to record their networks.

Just a Rant.. or a Warning to people around the country.

would like to hear whats happening in your area especially if you're on Comcast...

Are many or most of your networks Copy Once ?