Updated Charter Service

For questions regarding Co-ax wiring, and to complain about your cable co.
Jonny561201

HTPC Specs: Show details

Updated Charter Service

Post by Jonny561201 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Hey Guys/Gals,

My wife recently went to the Charter office to sort out our new cable service as they are no longer doing 2 year contracts, and they are also moving away from the allowing user supplied modems. In going to sort out our access she went ahead and added some channels to our lineup as they also changed their price tiering.

They claim to have enabled these channels, but we are not currently getting any of them and it has been nearly a week. They want to send a truck roll to do anything at this point and I want to make sure I understand exactly what needs to happen. Will the tech need to call into the headend and have them resend the "Initialization Packet" to the cablecard or is there another course of action that should be taken to get these channels working?

RyC

Post by RyC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Go to dslreports and submit a post in the Charter Direct forum. I made some package changes to the TV and those people know what they're doing with cablecards and will make sure the right signals are sent and follow up with you to make sure it's working.

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Also be sure to point them at the class action law suit being files against Time Warner for their bullshit $4 dollar a month modem rental fee and no user supplied modems. It's a bullshit money grab.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:19 pm

If you have a Ceton InfiniTV, feel free to open a support ticket and we will get it sorted out.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation