Sample Verizon Fios pricing?

For questions regarding Co-ax wiring, and to complain about your cable co.
makryger

HTPC Specs: Show details

Sample Verizon Fios pricing?

Post by makryger » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:54 pm

I was just wondering how much the combination internet/tv plans cost with Verizon Fios? Can't seem to find an address that allows me to do window-shopping.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:05 pm

HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

makryger

Post by makryger » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Thanks for the link- for some reason I kept on getting diverted to their "enter an address" page.

Interestingly, the $84.99 Triple Play with a two year contract includes a $300 cash card... pro-rated over 2 years, that brings the price to $72.50, plus you get the phone service (not that I'd use it...)

Seems to be better than comcast's bundles, that hardly even last 12 months before the price doubles, and not to mention the extra $10 HD technology fee they charge.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:18 pm

A couple of other FIOS selling points:

--They don't require pairing between the CableCard and the tuner. You can transfer the card to another tuner without making a phone call to customer service.
--They don't use SDV, so no need for a silly tuning adapter.
--All channels are marked copy-freely.
--They use Motorola CableCards which in my opinion is more reliable than Cisco/NDS cards.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Kustom Kid

Post by Kustom Kid » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:15 pm

makryger wrote:Thanks for the link- for some reason I kept on getting diverted to their "enter an address" page.

Interestingly, the $84.99 Triple Play with a two year contract includes a $300 cash card... pro-rated over 2 years, that brings the price to $72.50, plus you get the phone service (not that I'd use it...)

Seems to be better than comcast's bundles, that hardly even last 12 months before the price doubles, and not to mention the extra $10 HD technology fee they charge.
Argh, even more reasons to wish Fios was in my area.
For what it's worth, I am not being charged the $10 HD fee with Comcast. I called to discuss my bill and to make sure it was correct and they said it was. I'm also getting a $2.50 credit every month for using my own equipment.