TWC-Spectrum channel lineup broken

For questions regarding Co-ax wiring, and to complain about your cable co.
UCBearcat

HTPC Specs: Show details

TWC-Spectrum channel lineup broken

Post by UCBearcat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:27 pm

We received notification overnight that TWC was changing to Spectrum. This morning we woke up with a gift of a fouled up channel lineup. Nearly all of our upper channels (anything higher than 150) was tuning the wrong channel. Locals are tuning public access. If I try to tune channel 1301-ESPN, it attempts to tune Starz, which I don't subscribe to.
After a bit of self t-shooting, I found that the Cisco 1520 TA appears to be injecting bad channels. I turned off both the HDHR Prime and TA. Booted up the TA, and waited for it to sync. I went to the Prime URL and viewed the channel listings. Everything here checks out okay. Locals report the correct call sign an and channel number. Same goes for BBC America, ESPN, Comedy Central, etc.
I can tune CC channels fine, and on the proper channels. I then powered up the TA. After it synced and connected, I now notice that the channel lineup on the Prime URL has been changed. The Prime appears to hold on to these bad channel assignments until it is reset (without the TA connected).
In looking at the HDHR Prime tuning log, I can see a difference in the channel frequency, etc. For example: With only the Prime hooked up, the log shows tuning Channel 1301 (1544mhz - 541). After the TA is connected, tuning to 1301 results in 1301 (1200Mhz - 41). **note that these frequency numbers are not actual. I'm just demonstrating that they are completely different depending if the TA is connected or not

I had to run to work, but I called the TWC CableCard line to let them know of a potential issue. Of course, we couldn't do anything more as I was on my way to work. I just wanted to throw this out there in case others experience similar issues.

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:37 pm

I think you were the first to notice. DSperber had similar trouble in L A recently. channels 7.1 and 25.?