Comcast/Xfinity Cable Card Self Activation

For questions regarding Co-ax wiring, and to complain about your cable co.
choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Comcast/Xfinity Cable Card Self Activation

Post by choliscott » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:20 pm

Not sure if this is the correct section. I saw this over at the Comcast forums

Cable card self activation link: https://activatecablecard.xfinity.com/c ... dactivate/

RyC

Post by RyC » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:36 pm

Just moved into a Comcast area and I tried it out, amazingly it worked perfectly (although I don't subscribe to any movie channels).

RyC

Post by RyC » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:13 pm

FWIW, if you need to swap the device the CableCARD is paired to (like from a Ceton to a Prime), this webpage will let you do that as well.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:48 pm

We're you able to move the card from one device to another successfully? Last I checked the site was for activating new cards & you still had to call to move a card from one device to another
RyC wrote:FWIW, if you need to swap the device the CableCARD is paired to (like from a Ceton to a Prime), this webpage will let you do that as well.

RyC

Post by RyC » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:52 pm

choliscott wrote:We're you able to move the card from one device to another successfully? Last I checked the site was for activating new cards & you still had to call to move a card from one device to another
RyC wrote:FWIW, if you need to swap the device the CableCARD is paired to (like from a Ceton to a Prime), this webpage will let you do that as well.
Yes, I tried it last night and it worked. I think it frames it as "editing" the pairing info. It pre-filled the old host ID and data ID so I just deleted the old IDs from the text entry boxes, entered the new ones, and hit continue. The Prime activated instantly with the correct channels.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Nice...saves a lot of hassle as if you called the main comcast number, 99% of the time they woudl screw it up in some way. Sure as soon as you hang up the phone it works but, over 2-3 weeks channels will fall off, it's because they didn't put in the host ID correctly.

This pulls the human moron factor out, so nice find !
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012