Good MediaCenter Remote (Harmony 300)

Talk about speakers, TVs, receivers, STBs, etc.
newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by newfiend » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:31 pm

TheOsburnFamil wrote:Anyone know if the Harmony 300 can be programmed to execute the HDMIOn utility? Trying to figure out how to programm the remote to launch this via one of the buttons on my Harmony 300.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Wonder if you could set it up as a scheduled task at boot/startup instead of the remote control. Are you having problems with the screen not turning on at boot?
newfiend~

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:52 pm

No-- it's for dad's mediacenter connected to his tv via hdmi through his audio receiver.

Frequently (but not 100% of the time), if he turns off his tv & AVR, when he turns them back on again, the screen is black. It appears to have lost its edid data. I'm trying to avoid having to have him buy the HDMI Detective. The HDMIOn utility should do it if I can figure out how to get the remote to launch it.
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:37 am

I am not sure if the 300/300i will let you program a sequence or allow you to set a button to launch a program ..
However there is EventGhost. I think you may be able to use this to launch a program like HDMIOn.
I have never used EventGhost so I won't be much more help than giving you a link to check out, they do have a forum though that you can post in to help you on your way.
Here's the Link... http://www.eventghost.org/docs/controll ... index.html
Hope this helps
newfiend~

hotbuddha

Post by hotbuddha » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:08 pm

If your using a Harmony to control windows media center than you must already have some kind of IR receiver hooked up to the PC. I also recommend EventGhost which will let you launch whatever you want. EG is free, there is almost a 100% chance that your IR receiver will already be supported in EG and you will get a lot more use out of your remote and HTPC in with it.

Hotbuddha
RCAware, LLC (Home of the PC-CEC Universal Remote)