Vizio 5.1 soundbar experience?

Talk about speakers, TVs, receivers, STBs, etc.
makryger

HTPC Specs: Show details

Vizio 5.1 soundbar experience?

Post by makryger » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Just discovered a nifty soundbar, the Vizio S4251W-B4. It's a 42" soundbar that has all three channels in the front, plus a wireless subwoofer that is placed in the back of the room, that connects to two rear speakers. I really like the concept. Has anyone had any experience with these in a media center/TMT5 setting? It seems like a really easy way to clean up the setup in front of the TV, without having to install speakers in the walls or install a dedicated home theater closet.

http://store.vizio.com/s4251wb4.html

It's $300, which i think is reasonable for audio. It was actually $200 on black friday, which I regret missing.

Also, it was one of the top prize winners at CES 2013... so its possible they may try to announce the next generation of this product at CES 2014.

(As an aside, if you added in some wireless HDMI, you wouldn't even need to connect the HTPC up to the TV- just plug in the power into the TV and soundbar, and connect the TV to the soundbar)
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

tletourneau

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by tletourneau » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:17 pm

I have one, I really like it. It has good sound and decent separation. I use the optical input from my GoogleTV (Xbox 360 MCE to Sony GoogleTV to TV) and it decodes everything I've put to it. The Bluetooth is handy too, if you're into that kind of thing. :)
Thanks,
Tom