Bad Sat Dish or bad installer?

Talk about speakers, TVs, receivers, STBs, etc.
TeddyR

HTPC Specs: Show details

Bad Sat Dish or bad installer?

Post by TeddyR » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:10 pm

So... I am finally plunging in to get Satellite with my MC. I already purchased a TBS5980 and went with a "reputable" Satellite install company...

My question... They have already been here twice and tomorrow will be the third, and both times were not able to get a signal... blaming it on a "Bad Dish"... Third times a charm? Luckily I purchased the LNB, Switch, and Dish from the same local company as a fixed charge install (not hourly) so no "extra" charges until they get it to work with their receiver.

BTW: All I wanted was 4 outputs (2 for MC, 1 bedroom receiver, one LR receiver) all from the SAME satellite (Galaxy 19) in the Los Angeles area (Southern California, USA)....

Is it normal to have so many "bad dishes" out there; or is it just a "bad installer"?
Time is on my side.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:27 pm

I could imagine a bad LNB, switch, receiver, or cable... but a bad dish? Hmmm... maybe if it's bent or something?

STC

Post by STC » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:43 pm

They are probably referring to the LNB(s).
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:59 am

A LNBF can be bad, but i's not common - did they swap it? I'd start to question their skills. FYI Primestar dishes are KU band and some (I don't believe all) are dual LNBF - you could get one and install it your self - it's pretty easy.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation