Suggestions for New Coax Splitter

Talk about speakers, TVs, receivers, STBs, etc.
TheOsburnFamil

HTPC Specs: Show details

Suggestions for New Coax Splitter

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm in the market for replacing my two splitters. Having some issues with a few channels but others are all just fine. Tried swapping CableCARDs, Tuning Adapters, and new Cables. I'd like to swap my splitters but really have no idea what's considered good. There's just too many to chose from!

I have one Cable Modem, two Ceton InfiniTV dongles, and two Motorloa SDV tuning adapters. I also have the old HD CableBox from the cableco that would be nice to plugin but isn't a requirement. So 5 or 6 devices total. All the connections are all next to each other and the main line coming directly from the outside is also right there. In a house, not apartment. All good RG6 cables with compression ends & rubber boots.

Just looking for what splitter I should get.

Thanks!
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:03 am

HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:34 am

Thanks!

Based on my OP scenario (cable modem, cableco box, 2 ceton's, 2 ta's)... Should I just get a single 6 port splitter, or should I get a 2 Port TAP plus a 4 port splitter and run the CableModem & CableCo box to the TAPs and the 4 port splitter (connecting the 2 cetons & 2 ta's) to the OUT?
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:53 am

IMO you are splitting your signal too much, just get 2 quality 2 ways and route your TA line to your Ceton. You could even do a 3 way and put your cable modem on the same tap.